Pearls Statement of faith
In the same way that each person has unique fingerprints and DNA, so too every church is unique. Our Statement of Faith summarises our beliefs, and our position, on where we stand as a Faith Movement so you can better understand, what and why, we say and do, what we do.
When people want to know what makes us distinctive, we’re able to say that this is what we believe, about the Bible, about God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit.
Our statement of faith connects us as believers – We are the family of God and are all one in Christ.
1. We believe the Bible is the only infallible, reliable and authoritative written word of God.
2. We believe in only one God, eternally existent in three persons; God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the Lord Jesus Christ; His virgin birth, His sinless life; His miracles; His death on our behalf; His bodily resurrection; and His ascension to the right hand of the Father. Jesus Christ is the Redeemer of all humanity.
4. We believe the only means of salvation is through personal repentance of sin and redemption through the blood of Christ Acts 2:38, Eph 1:7; the saved being resurrected to everlasting life and the lost to everlasting separation from God.
5. We believe Christ’s death on the cross provides healing in answer to believing prayer.
6. We believe in Christ’s promised personal return to earth in power and glory with the subsequent ascension of the church to Heaven.
7. We believe the Holy Spirit lives in all believers, equipping them with gifts of service and is present to guide, comfort, transform and empower.
8. We believe in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit as a subsequent gift to salvation, with the biblical evidence of speaking in other tongues and the power to witness.
9. We believe in all gifts of the Holy Spirit.
10. We believe in water baptism by full immersion for all believers and the consistent remembrance of Christ through communion.
11. We believe in the Biblical practice of tithing and generous giving of offerings by all believers.
11. We believe the church is the Bride of Christ and God’s primary expression of His Kingdom in our world.
12. We believe the Kingdom of God operates effectively through God-given delegated authority.
13. We believe every believer is commissioned to go into the world and make disciples.
14. We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers through Jesus Christ.
15. We believe in the Tribulation and the Rapture
16. We believe in the Second Coming of Christ
17. We believe in the Responsibility of Believers
To “grow in grace and knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ” 2 Peter 3:18,